LIFE-CYCLE ENGINEERING SUPPORT
The Centre's work for life-cycle support of rolling stock includes:
- support for operation of freight cars throughout their life-cycle;
- design of repair documentation and of technologies for repairwork on new generation freight cars and bogies;
- supervised operation of freight cars and their sub-assemblies;
- collection, compilation and analysis of data obtained in the course of operation, forwarding of information to rolling stock manufacturers and designers;
- supervision of depot repair and maintenance of new freight car models;
- suggestions and recommendations for improvements at the design, manufacture and repair stages, based on the needs of rolling-stock owners and operators.